Canadian Souvenir View Albums
Home Introduction Index by:
Place
Photographer
Publisher / Printer
About Français
View Book of London, Ont.
first page previous page thumbnail page caption index next page last page
first page previous page thumbnail page caption index next page last page
Page 13 of 36

Fire Hall and Fire Chief Roe

The fire department of London was organized in 1873 and in 1875 the electric alarm system was inaugurated. There are three fire stations. Fire Chief Roe held office from 1880 till January 6th, 1904. The force was made purely permanent in 1891.

click image for enlarged views
first page previous page thumbnail page caption index next page last page
first page previous page thumbnail page caption index next page last page
National Gallery of Canada This digital collection was produced with financial assistance from Canada's Digital Collections initiative, Industry Canada.

"Copyright © National Gallery of Canada 2001"

Canada's Digital Collections