Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Animal and Animal Product Imports

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency regulates the imports of products such as:

Some animals and products must also meet the requirements of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES).

The CFIA also has several programs and services for commercial importers. These include:

Information for travellers: What can I bring into Canada?

Travellers are required, by law, to declare all plant, animal, and food items they bring into Canada. For more information visit the "Be Aware and Declare"! website.